We are always on the look on for Volunteers!
Marwood Hill Gardens depends heavily on our amazing volunteer team and volunteers really do make the Garden what the are – we would be lost without them. Our volunteers not only help look after the Gardens, but they also man the admissions booth, help with our marketing and do many other jobs like making all of the benches and huts you can find in the Gardens.
Who are our volunteers and why do they volunteer?
Because like us, they love Marwood! Our volunteers come from a wide range of backgrounds and professions including teachers, parents, grandparents, civil servants, RAF pilots, doctors, nurses, firemen, tree surgeons, IT professionals, surveyors, care workers and even a retired head gardener or two.
All our volunteers share a love of nature & wildlife and have a desire to be involved and support our gardens’ future. Some are hands-on gardeners who are already experts in their field and some are individuals who hoping to gain new skills, knowledge and meet new people. You don’t to have any experience to volunteer for us, as we will help you learn!
Our volunteers enjoy talking to people (a key part of welcoming visitors to the garden), visiting other gardens, learning about flowers, tree and plants, making lasting friendships and having fun. The added bonus of trying goodies prepared from the tearoom during breaks and lunch always helps too!
There is so much work needed to maintain this 20-acre garden, and our volunteers are vital in enabling us to keep our wonderful garden open for everyone to enjoy.
If you would like to find out more about becoming a volunteer then just fill your details in on the form below or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Why Volunteer at Marwood Hill Garden?
We value all our volunteers at Marwood Hill Garden and they are essential to the success of this garden. We do ask our volunteers to try give 4 hours a week, but are happy if you can give more time. In return we offer:
- the chance to be part of a friendly and welcoming team
- free access to the gardens all year round for yourself and a guest
- discounts in the Tea Room and Plant Sales
- whilst on your volunteer day you will receive refreshments at morning break and the option of lunch if you are here all day
- invitations to social events, specifically for staff and volunteers
- hand tools, gloves and personal protective equipment (provided on the day)
- the appreciation of the team!
What is expected of me?
- to have a professional and positive attitude; as a volunteer you will be interacting with garden visitors on a regular basis.
- to be openminded and willing to learn and work as part of a team
- to be punctual and try to keep to agreed working hours
- to dress appropriately – as a garden volunteer you’ll need good gripped footwear, dress in layers, waterproof coats and trousers.
- as a garden volunteer you’ll be willing to undertake practical gardening tasks such as; propagation, potting on of plants, weeding, clearing, cutting back, lifting, deadheading, dividing, mulching and seasonal pruning.
We’d love to hear from you
Please contact us using the form below